Monday, January 11, 2010

My goal

My goal is to keep more current on he blog.   Here's to you--my two faithful followers--my favorite sister, Katie, and my mostly sister, Darah!

Today, we were doing chores and Lydia asked if we could teach Maren how to empty the trash instead of her.   She doesn't want to have to wash her hands after doing the job!  :)

Here are a few cute experiences I have wanted to blog since October.

Maren---  She is so little, seems too little to say things like, "Holy Cow!"   It is a favorite expression she has.

Lydia-- We were leaving church on a wet day and she went outside to walk in all the slush puddles.  She told me, "I love slush!  It makes such a beautiful sound!"

Maren-- She has an imagination just like her sister!  I love it!  We have been trying to potty train her, so she spends plenty of time on the toilet.  She said to me one day, "You want to see my cattapillar?"  I said "Sure.  Where is it?"   "In my packpack."   She had the toilet seat forward laying on her back.  She turned to get it out of the little button knobby on one side of the seat and put out her hand for me to pet him!   

Maren--Curtis grew some delicious, humongous banana squash(es).  They were as big as the girls.   Anyhow, he was slicing one up to share with some neighbors and it was quite difficult because of the tough skin.  Maren told him, "Faster, dad! Faster!  Faster!"

Lydia--Lydia said she had some dinosaur bones one day.  I asked her where she got them.  She said that dinosaur bones come from the clouds!

Maren-- Daddy often has to be a horse, carriage, dog,... anything the girls dream!   One day Lydia was riding on his back while he was on all fours.   Maren was walking along side him and  said, "C'mon Boy!"

Maren--She loves stories like The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Are you My Mother(aka Muder)?, Green Eggs and Ham,  Baby Face, and Go, Dog, Go.   One day she was playing by herself and this is what I heard,
(a conversation between a Little People Person and a Little People Dog)
Person: "Hello."  
Dog: "Hello. Do you like my tail?"
Person: "No. Do you like my ta...uh shirt?"

You will understand if you read Go, Dog, Go.

Maren requested a green Snow White cake for her birthday.  So, we made a simple round cake with green frosting.   Then, we let Lydia's Snow White Barbie sit on top of the "hill."  Maren loved it!   She helped me make it.  It was a princess cake mix that had decals and purple and pink sprinkles.   So, when it was time to have cake for her birthday dinner, she went around the whole table as people were eating saying, "You like my cake?  You like my cake?"  What a kind hostess- making sure all her guests were enjoying the cake she made!  


Maren-- It was a few weeks before Christmas.  Maren never could tell us what she was going to tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas.   One Saturday morning she came into my room and said, "I want a green bird for Christmas.  I tell Santa that."   Curtis walked in the room and I said, "Maren, why don't you tell Daddy what you want for Christmas?"  So, she told him.  He asked more questions "What kind?" 
"A green one?" 
"What does the bird do?"
"You push a button and it says, 'Tweet,Tweet.'"
Can I tell you how relieved I was?!?  I did not want another animal in my house!   Thank you, Santa, for the green bird that says "tweet, tweet."



That's all for now!

1 comment:

Katie Crockett said...

Thanks Kami!! I loved it like always. Keep up the good work and I will keep reading! Love you!