So, Curtis came home early on Thursday to say that he came home to paint and proceeded to take things off the walls. He painted Thursday until Saturday night. I was shocked! I know how much he hates painting. What started as a kitchen/dining room/ family room paint job became a kitchen/dining room/ family room/accent wall/living room/up the stairs/in the hall paint job! I definitely felt loved that he would spend his days off to paint my home!!!
So, this is the man I married- I married a man that paints the house and has his girls come running inside to say, "Daddy, we were digging outside and we think we found a dinosaur bone! We need your help to get it out!!" So, he puts down the brush and roller and heads outside to help his girls with their "dinosaur bone" also known as really hard dirt clod.
I married a man who when his girls ask to help paint, he gives them a brush and let's them take a turn, even if it slows him down and adds a little extra work and cleanup.
I married a man who while up on a tall ladder was greeted by his girls panicking that there was a bug on their huge sunflowers (they were drying out so that we could harvest the seeds). He climbs down to go "save" the sunflowers (the flowers he classifies as "weeds" anyway) for his girls. He came inside to inform me that it was a tiny black & white garden spider on a black and white sunflower seed and he had no idea how they even saw it!
I married a man who taught me this weekend what it means to be a good father- to stop no matter what job you are doing- to be a parent who creates memories and, as a result, is adored by his girls!
I love you, Curtis (and so do your girls)!
Alan Wake (PCDD/GOG) $1.50
2 days ago
2 comments:
Fun to see your pictures and read your posts. . . especially this one! How special.
Ok this made me almost cry! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment