One morning, Lydia was playing with her stuffed lamb. She was cuddling it, feeding it, etc. and then said, "My lamb is going to grow up to be a chicken!" (I would like to see how that happens!)
Maren and Lydia were taking a bath the other night and Maren grabbed a washcloth and scooted close to Lydia. She proceeded to scrub Lydia's face for her! I wish I had my camera! It was so cute. I am amazed at all they take in and know how to do at 9 months old!!!
Maren is loving Patty-A-Cake these days. You just say the word and she starts in at it! Lydia wants her to do it again and again. Then, she makes requests like, "Throw it in the oven higher, Maren!"
We were driving home from Salt Lake one evening and Maren was tired of being in the car. So, I put one of my hands back for her to hold. I felt her little hand hold on tightly to one of my fingers and she soon calmed down. Then, I felt more hands holding mine. It was Lydia. Maren started shaking her head "No" and swatting Lydia's hand away. I guess she wanted my hand to herself!
We went to a Demolition Derby last weekend out at Deseret Peak. We told Lydia we were going to see crashing cars and she was asking about it all day. Maren would clap and clap. It was really cute. Lydia saw everyone eating and asked for a snack because she was hungry. I followed the rules and didn't bring them in. So, Curtis being a good daddy took her to get something. Lydia came back with a big hamburger. That girl ate the WHOLE thing!!! She was hungry! She loved the crashing cars!
For Curtis' birthday, since Lydia had been telling him all week what she got him for his presents, I decided that I would have some sort of surprise element. So, we wrapped his gifts and then I went outside and hid them. Then, we gave him GPS coordinates to try and find his presents. Lydia said to her dad, "Thanks for having a treasure hunt, dad!"
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment